We plan on starting 2024 strong and here’s what you need to keep an eye out for:
- Our popular professional development programs Dare to Lead , the Art of Negotiating and Influencing and our signature Inclusion Habits for Operations Leaders are back, and filling up quickly – so save a spot by registering.
- Our focus on sharing cross industry solutions will continue with us into 2024. Executive members and change makers are welcome at our Knowledge Share and Executive Forums and we are planning for a greater mix of in person and digital delivery.
NAWO is also planning for International Women’s Day. Whilst we love a theme, highlighting the cause and cupcakes, our approach is aligned with our vision and to work for better gender balance every day. We live and breathe this!
So for International Women’s Day 2024 we encourage you to celebrate the work of NAWO and the part your organisation is playing to drive toward 40:40:20 at every level in operations. And take action by:
- Being loud and proud about your DEI strategy and key priorities, particularly in regard to the actions you are pursuing to better attract, retain and promote women and gender diverse people in operations.
- Celebrate your progress by amplifying stories of women and gender diverse people in operational roles, diverse teams, inclusive leaders and allies who are stepping up and supporting change.
- Pause, listen and reflect. IWD is a moment to stop and reflect on the direction we’re heading, and spend time in honest and open conversation with stakeholders about what we might need to tweak in our strategies.
- Re-activate your NAWO membership. Remind your people about the access they have to resources, networks and solutions via their NAWO membership.
When we get back to the office on the 15th of January we’ll give you access to some fabulous NAWO tools and resources to leverage IWD as another activation point for progress. We’re particularly excited about our new 100 Women in Operations campaign where we’ll showcase the amazing women doing incredible operational roles in our membership. Please have a think about whom you’d like to nominate.
In the meantime, have a very safe and inclusive holiday period (yes our inclusive leadership skills can be very helpful at extended family events
Please stay across our ‘What’s on’ page to keep up with our events and schedule NAWO event dates into your calendars.
Best wishes for a very safe and restorative holiday season from the NAWO team – we’ll see you in 2024!